- Posted February 1, 2013 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Weekends in America
10. My husband and I are friends with Gopi Kandru (he's in one of the black and white pics,) and he's a member of the North Alabama Telugu Association. He was performing at the yearly Sankranthi Festival, and invited us to go.
11. All of the people in the pictures were the performers, so I don't know them. If you need me to get their names, I probably can - just let me know.
12. I'm a CNN iReporter and saw this assignment on your website.
13. I'd love for HLN to show my photos!
14 Ummm...something to add...normally, our weekends are usually pretty low key, filled with tennis matches, hikes around the nature preserve, or dinner with friends/family. It was really fun to get dressed up, socialize and eat wonderful Indian food. Plus the Saris are so beautiful - I exhausted 3 batteries taking pics of the performers!