- Posted February 4, 2013 by
Vancouver, British Columbia
- What are the disruptive forces in Graphics, Big Data, Social Media Predictive Analysis, Innovation, Education, Entrepreneurship?
- Chat Ambassador Karklins, ADG Communication and Information UNESCO, WSIS Paris and Geneva, Internet Regulation, Innovation
- Chat: Brian Cameron, Professor and Executive Director Center for Enterprise Architecture, Founding President FEAPO
- Chat: James Maurer, Pioneering Publishing Entrepreneur
40th Anniversary, “Social Issues in Computing”
What are the "Social Issues in Computing"?
With computing influencing over 50% of the nearly $80 Trillion in Global GDP, should you be concerned about computing social issues?
What are the questions, controversies, and answers surrounding computing’s impact on: Users; Privacy; Systems, Models and Simulations; Planning; Security; Employment; Global Power Shifts; Professionalization and Responsibility; Developing Countries; the Political Process; Antitrust actions; Values; …the issues, domains are endless and growing?
What are your views, your burning passions?
These questions and more were anticipated by the famed scientists, Kelly Gotlieb and Allan Borodin. This is the 40th anniversary of the publication of their seminal book, “Social Issues in Computing.”