- Posted February 5, 2013 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
The war through your eyes: Iraq 10 years on
You Can’t Make this **** Up by the Combat 2
4500 troops died in Iraq. Let me say that again 4500 troops died in Iraq. For what??? Is Iraq a democracy (Now that is funny). Was Saddam any worse that Assad is now?? Lastly, I do not even think we got the oil. The Headline is the title of my book that is published on www.lulu.com and as the intelligence officer for an infantry battalion that patrolled SW Baghdad in 2006-2007 I had special insight to this clusterf of a war. Below is the first page of the book and below that is the chapters. If that does not open your eyes then nothing will. Lastly, I wrote this book to set the record straight as I got tired of reading of the genius General on what he did in Iraq, which in truth was nothing other that furthering their career and getting people killed. See my chapter on the Surge and how I describe GEN Petruaes or Gen Genius as Ilike to call him and the number of people who emailed me on him after he committed adultry said I called that one right on him. Lastly, my father who served in Vietnam says it best as his favorite line is "Nobody Cares" and when it comes to Iraq he could not have been more right. Once again 4500 dead, so sad. The photo uploaded is the cover of my book.
The real truth of what Iraq was really like from an S2 (Intelligence Officer) who had the real fun of patrolling SW Baghdad during the days of the surge. This is not from any bullshit next career Generals opinion on what we need to do to grow his career on FOX, but from a former Captain who had to have dinner with people he knew were trying blow up his soldiers. It will encompass the shitty ass training they received leading up being deployed, to when they finally deployed back to a country where the war was on page 8 of the USA Today. It will have disturbing pictures, (I filmed it all) to humor that only soldiers on the ground could understand. I am writing this book, for all of the soldiers who see the ‘Expert ex-military official’ on FOX or CNN who give their 2 cents on how the war is supposed to go to a Megyn Kelly type reporter. This is for the grunts who had to deal with the daily bullshit of trying just not to get blown up (I did not patrol daily, I was staff). I admit now, my English sucks as does my editing as this is my first and last book so please understand. Also if you are easily offended by the fbomb, please stop reading now as it is throughout the book and when you are war it is not done at the PG13 level. Lastly this is also for the over 4500 troops who gave their lives to oust Saddam Hussain or that is the excuse George W gave after he realized there was no weapons of fucking mass destruction. Saddam’s sorry ass probably would have been ousted in this past year’s Arab Spring. By the way I would not mind if Megyn Kelly interviewed me also.
1. Who the Hell am I and Voluntold, WTF?
2. Camp Shelby, Mississippi (What a Shithole)
3. Camp Buering/Boring, Kuwait
4. Our Actual Mission
5. Camp Slayer (Fuck Yeah!) and the VBC
6. Everything Seemed Quiet
7. CPOF system vs WEBTAS (Thank you Air Force)
8. First Time I got Shot At (Oh fuck!)
9. Baghdad and the Civil War (Politicians would not say it but I did)
10. My Trip to the Green Zone
11. The hanging of Saddam “ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?”
13. The NP and MOI
14. The Mighty Defense Contractors!!
15. The 3 letter agencies.
16. Gen Petraeus great plan, the SURGE!!
17. Iran Influence and the EFP
18. Car Bombs
19. Being an Intelligence Officer in war (It is so COOL!!)
20. Pay them not to Blow us up
21. The Shitty ass meals with people you knew were trying kill you.
22. Informants, from the ones I got killed to the ones I still speak to today.
23. Let’s make another fuckin market, thanks S5
24. Less than 60 days left, fuck it.
25. Camp Boring/Buering and Now Camp Virginia again
26. Camp Shelby and the BS out processing of National Guard Soldiers.
27. Trying to get used to Civilian life again.
28. Medal of Honor
29. The Players in the War with me
30. Why I should be given a shot to report on FOX
31. The Picture on the Front and back of the book