- Posted February 7, 2013 by
- Ibn Al-Nafis:The first to describe the Pulmonary Circulation of the Blood.
- The Banū Mūsā brothers ("Sons of Moses"):the Measurement of Plane and Spherical Figures, a foundational work on Geometry.
- Al-khorezmi:The father of Algebra
- 'Ibn sina:as a muslim scientist & scholer'
- "An educated girl can give an educated nation"
Dozens suspended in Harvard cheat scandal
around 60 students at Harvard University have been suspended and others disciplined in a mass cheating scandal at the elite college, the administration said.
Faculty of Arts and Sciences dean Michael Smith told staff and students at the university near Boston that "somewhat more than half" of the cases under investigation ended with students being required "to withdraw from the college for a period of time".
"Of the remaining cases, roughly half the students received disciplinary probation, while the balance ended in no disciplinary action," Smith said in a campus-wide email.
When the scandal first became public in August, Harvard said that as many as 125 students were suspected of helping each other in a final exam.
The university said a large number of undergraduates "may have inappropriately collaborated on answers, or plagiarised classmates' responses, on the final exam for the course".