- Posted February 6, 2013 by
- Ibn Al-Nafis:The first to describe the Pulmonary Circulation of the Blood.
- The Banū Mūsā brothers ("Sons of Moses"):the Measurement of Plane and Spherical Figures, a foundational work on Geometry.
- Al-khorezmi:The father of Algebra
- Dozens suspended in Harvard cheat scandal
- "An educated girl can give an educated nation"
'Ibn sina:as a muslim scientist & scholer'
His most famous works are The Book of Healing, a vast philosophical and scientific encyclopaedia, and The Canon of Medicine, which was a standard medical text at many medieval universities. The Canon of Medicine was used as a text-book in the universities of Montpellier and Leuven as late as 1650. Ibn Sīnā's Canon of Medicine provides a complete system of medicine according to the principles of Galen (and Hippocrates).
His corpus also includes writing on philosophy, astronomy, alchemy, geology, psychology, Islamic theology, logic, mathematics, physics, as well as poetry. He is regarded as the most famous and influential polymath of the Islamic Golden Age