- Posted February 9, 2013 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Who taught you to love food?
Garlic Shrimp And Pasta Recipe
Adapted from Woman’s Day magazine. Garlic, lemon and rep pepper add a bit of spice and zest to this shrimp and pasta dish.
12 oz. spaghetti or angel hair pasta
2 1/2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 large clove garlic, chopped
1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined, unfrozen
1 tbsp. lemon zest, grated
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/4 cup lemon juice, preferably fresh
1 tbsp. dried parsley flakes
1. Cook pasta pasta according to directions on package. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of water. Return pasta to the cooking pot.
2. While pasta is cooking, heat 2 tbsp. of the butter, along with the oil, over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for about a minute, or until the garlic is fragrant.
3. Add shrimp, lemon zest, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 3-5 minutes, or until the shrimp are opaque. Stir in lemon juice.
4. Add shrimp to the pasta, along with the parsley, remaining butter and reserved water. Toss to coat.