- Posted February 10, 2013 by
- Book One In A New YA Dystopian/Apocalyptic Thriller Series Released – Last Light Falling
- New York Author Releases Book Five In The Detectives Chen and Castilblanco Series – The Collector
- Author Lisa Nixon Phillips Hopes To Help Military Families With Her New Book Faith Steps For Military Families
- Critically Acclaimed Pacific Northwest Author Justin Bog Releases Holiday Short Story Collection In Time For Christmas
- New Young Adult Fantasy Novel Just Released - Jeff Madison and the Shimmers of Drakmere
Author Pens Prequel To His Renegade Book Series After Readers Wanted More
Accomplished author, Joe Prentis is pleased to announce the release of Redemption, the prequel to his Renegade Book Series. The prequel came about from the request of many of his readers.
Washington 1865: As the American Civil War drew to a close, military and government leaders realized they were facing grave dangers they had not anticipated. There were many who did not understand that it was easier to start a war than it was to end one. The Confederacy was crumbling rapidly, and Generals Nathan Bedford Forrest and Robert E. Lee were willing to surrender, provided they could do so with honor. Many government and military leaders did not agree with President Lincoln’s intention to grant a full pardon to anyone who would agree to the terms of surrender. And the most difficult thing of all was the radicals who were not willing to give up a lost cause, and were determined to stop the peace process regardless of the cost.
Sergeant Oakley had gone through four years of endless conflict and hardship as a Union soldier. The war would be over in a week, they said, and he was eager to pursue his dreams in the western territories. His world was suddenly shattered when he came in contact with a girl named Anna, and a group of conspirators led by John Wilkes Booth. Oakley is torn between what he believes to be his duty, and his desire for vengeance.
Other books in the Renegade Series include: Wolf Spencer, Rimrock, and Revenge.
Redemption (The Renegade Series)
Author: Joe Prentis
Published: January 2013
About The Author:
Joe Prentis is an author who has written Western fiction, as well as Suspense novels and almost seventy short stories and articles. After retirement, he is writing full time. He and his wife live in a small resort village in Tennessee. He is currently at work on his next book.
For more information, review copies, or interviews please contact the author at:
Redemption and all of the other books in the Renegade Series are available for purchase from the author’s website, Amazon.com, and other online retailers.