- Posted February 13, 2013 by
Kathmandu, Nepal, Nepal
- As a precaution Security forces to be installed at Everest
- Fast-unto-death - A doctor in Nepal takes stand for Transparency and Ethics
- Bull Fighting in nepal
- Modern Day Slavery: 126 Nepali Women rescued by Nepali embassy in Saudi Arabia.
- Female Migrant worker seeking abroad opportunities rise in Nepal
Self Immolation- a Tibetan Monk sets himself on fire
The act of self Immolation has been a means of protest for the free Tibet protesters who have been demanding Free Tibet since 2009.
Nepal police states, “The monk was rushed to the Tribhuwan University Teaching Hospital in Kathmandu and he suffers critical burns. Security has been tightened in the area around Boudhanath.”
Though thousand of Tibetan refugee live in Nepal but the Nepal Government has banned and restricted any sorts of protests against the Chinese government but at times the Tibetan free movement protester have been seen protesting in Nepal. Since 2009, this is the 101 case of self immolation.