- Posted February 14, 2013 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Drug Company,Novatis, Pays U.S. Government $422.5M in Marketing, Kickback, 'Pay to Play' "Fine"
- America- Having Two Jobs Now Necessary to Break Even
- Snow In April In Northern NY? Seriously?
- No Farms, No Food. Right? No Jobs, No Economy? Not Quite True..
- U.S. Government Finances Yet More of China's Technological and Manufacturing Superiority
Hagel Nomination Blocked by Senate GOP- Nice Going. Democrats Could Have Changed the Rules
When Democrats had the opportunity to change this silly Senate rule, Leader Harry Reid punted. Settling for a field goal with the end zone in sight is so typically Democratic.
"What if we're in the minority sometime? We might need the filibuster."
Well, I'd suggest that if the GOP is the Majority, they can eliminate the filibuster then and what would Democrats do about it?
If Democrats did what was right by the voters, they wouldn't have to worry about keeping control of the Senate. They might even pick up the House.
But, Senator Harry Reid failed to change the rule so a simple majority vote of 51 moved a Bill from cloture to a vote on the floor. And now he blames the GOP Senators?
Republicans are just doing what they're really good at doing- that would be 'nothing'. Why is Senator Reid surprised at that?