- Posted February 15, 2013 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Your views of space and stars
- Solar storm nearly destroyed Earth two years ago
- Scientists find hole in Earth's magnetic field on July 2014- Earth’s magnetic poles are shifting; north and south poles set to flip
- Watch Out Japan! Super Typhoon Neoguri is ENORMOUS – As Seen from ISS
- Ebola Virus Spreads Across West Africa - Five Dead In First Sierra Leone Ebola Outbreak As Guinea Announces 2 New Cases Of Ebola In Previously Unaffected Area!
- BREAKING NEWS: Very Strong earthquake magnitude 6.7 – East Of Martinique, Windward Is
RUSSIAN METEOR INJURES HUNDREDS
"The trajectory of the Russian meteorite was significantly different than the trajectory of the asteroid 2012 DA14, making it a completely unrelated object. Information is still being collected about the Russian meteorite and analysis is preliminary at this point. In videos of the meteor, it is seen to pass from left to right in front of the rising sun, which means it was traveling from north to south. Asteroid DA14's trajectory is in the opposite direction, from south to north."
Videos of the event may be found here and here. In many of the videos you can hear the sound of windows shattering as the meteor's loud shock wave reaches the ground. Onlookers cry out in Russian as alarms and sirens sound in the background.