- Posted February 17, 2013 by
- Horror In Damascus: Children Kidnapped By al-Qaeda Slaughtered; A Warning To Traitors In Congress
- Iranian Email To Time Magazine Shows Western Journalists Are Muzzled
- ACLU Lawyer Calls Obama "Judge, Jury, Executioner" Over Drone Attacks On American Citizens
- State And Local Officials Plan To Defend Citizens from NDAA Detentions And Gun Confiscations
- Sold Out: Rush For Guns Depletes Stock; Gun Store Shelves Bare
ACLU Lawyer Calls Obama "Judge, Jury, Executioner" Over Drone Attacks On American Citizens
A recently leaked Department of Justice "White Paper" gives the President of the United States and those he designates - "high government officials" - the authority to take the life of any American citizen, even if there is no proof that the citizen in question is involved in nefarious activities.
John Brennan, the Obama administration's pick to replace Leon Panetta as the next CIA Director, has found his nomination put on hold by Senator Rand Paul after refusing to answer Paul's question in front of the Senate sub-committee regarding the use of drones to attack American citizens domestically; again without ever having been charged with a crime in a court of law. Senator Paul calls the idea "appalling."
In this episode of The Truth Is Viral Nate Wessler, a lawyer with the ACLU's National Security Project, echoes Senator Paul's sentiments in this exclusive interview in which he calls Obama and the members of his administration, "Judge, jury, and executioner." That is a strong statement of condemnation coming from the historically ultra-liberal ACLU.