- Posted February 18, 2013 by
- Building Collapse in Bangladesh Leaves Scores Dead
- Senseless Act on Resilient City of Boston
- Shahbagh Projonmo Chottor Protester – 100s of thousands of protester signed their name demanding the capital punishment for all accused war criminals of the 1971
- Outraged Protesters Continue sit-in at Shahbagh
- Watch party at republican house
Shahbagh Projonmo Chottor Protester (Rajib Haider) Killed – Moment of Silence Observed in all parts of Bangladesh
Police said the face bore signs of slashes. A scarf was wrapped around the blogger’s throat, Sheikh added. This was not a simple mugging case as police said the deceased’s laptop was found near the body of the architect.
The OC said Haider lived in Palashnagar and was murdered near his residence. After the news of the murder spread, Imran H Sarker, a member of the Blogger and Online Activist Network, announced to continue their demonstration without pause.
“One of our bloggers has been murdered. In this situation, we cannot return from the streets and we won’t,” They chanted slogans, “Rajib Bhaier Rokto Britha jete debona (We won’t let the sacrifice of brother Rajib count for nothing). Earlier the day, Sarker had announced daily seven-hour protests.
Calling for worldwide moment of silence in memory of Rajib Haider death of first blogger and all freedom Fighter. Please stand-up for moment and pay your tribute along with Shahbagh Projonmo Chottor……. Reporting live from Gano Jagaran Mancha (Mass awakening platform) Mirsarai, Chittagong , Bangladesh……………………….Radwan Chowdhury