- Posted February 18, 2013 by
Santa Ana, California
- Darby Pop Publishing's Side-Kicked Graphic Novel Available At Book Stores Starting In November 2015
- Acclaimed Biography of Innovative American Buddhist Teacher Will Teach, Entertain, and Warm Hearts in Time for Winter Reading Blue Skies Buddha published by Mystic-Buddha Publishing House
- Author CJ Roberts Promotes Her Dark Erotica Book Series - The Dark Duet Books One, Two And Three
- Author J. E. Nicassio Releases New YA Sci-fi Romance Novel From The Sky
- Author Patrick Brown And Peachtree Corners Press Release New Crime Suspenseful Thriller Heavy Hour
New Book On The Vietnam War Just Released
Vietnam veteran, Art De Groot is pleased to announce the release of his new book, Bu Ku Kilo. This work outlines the author’s experiences during the Vietnam War.
Bu Ku Kilo provides a projected glimpse into the lives of army vets as they fought and died in a controversial bloody conflict that took the lives of over a million Vietnamese people and 58,000 American soldiers. In the end, America left in disgrace.
Although the soldiers fought valiantly and repelled and destroyed tens of thousands of the Viet Cong (VC) and North Viet Nam Regulars (NVA), in the end our political will crumbled Nixon just got us out. It was a sad coming home for most vets and even now 44 years later the scars are still everywhere.
“Read my story. You will be enlightened at the events that took place. It may help you understand or get over your cross you may still be carrying on your bleeding shoulders. That conflict called Nam,” the author says.
Bu Ku Kilo is available in both print and ebook versions.
Bu Ku Kilo
Author: Art De Groot
Published: October 2012
About The Author:
Art De Groot was born in North West Iowa in 1942. He earned an Associate's Degree in Electronic Technology in early 1963 from DeVry Technology School. In 1965, Art was drafted into the US Army. Arthur was then given orders and shipped to Viet Nam in September of 1967, with a rank of E-3. This is the setting for Bu Ku Kilo.
After Viet Nam he was discharged from active duty and joined his wife, Joy and daughter Tammy in Seal Beach California. Art worked as an electronic technician for National Cash Register for a couple of years followed by a 40 year career in Real Estate as a broker, property manager and a developer in Orange County California. Presently he is retired but still operates a small residential rental operation.
Art and his wife Joy enjoy traveling the Pacific Northwest and to the Midwest yearly as well as their yearly summer vacations with the family.
For more information, review copies, or interviews please contact the author at:
Art De Groot
Bu Ku Kilo is available for purchase online through the author’s website, from the publisher, Amazon.com, BN.com, and other online retailers. Bookstores should contact Ingram for wholesale orders.