- Posted February 18, 2013 by
- Mrs. Texas International and Breast Cancer Survivor Michelle Berndt to Start Swim Across America - Dallas on June 8
- Local Swim Coaches Participate in Swim Across America Fundraiser and Save Each Other's Lives in the Process
- 165-pound Cancer Center Therapy Dog Paddles For a Cure Through Swim Across America
- Missouri Gas Energy Opens First Public Compressed Natural Gas Station In St. Joseph, MO
- Swim Across America – Dallas to Host Third Annual Open Water Swim Event on Saturday, June 8, 2013 at the Harbor at Lake Ray Hubbard
SWACHA And Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Dallas Announce the Finalists for the “Art of Saving” Contest
The top three winners in each age division (8-10 and 11-13) will be selected based on the total number of votes cast through February 22, 2013. People can vote for the winners on Facebook by “liking” their favorite photo at either www.facebook.com/bringingpaymentstogether or www.facebook.com/BGCDallas.
Finalists were chosen by a panel of celebrity judges that included former Dallas Cowboy and Pro Football Hall of Fame member Emmitt Smith; Kellie Rasberry, radio co-host of the Kidd Kraddick Show on KISS FM and part of the nationally syndicated "Dish Nation" seen locally on Fox 4; and Pamela Yip, a widely-read
financial reporter for the Dallas Morning News.
Winners will be announced during America Saves Week at a special awards ceremony at Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Dallas Headquarters on Thursday, February 28, 2013. America Saves Week is a nationwide campaign held annually to encourage Americans to adopt good savings behaviors.
“We were impressed with the level of creativity we saw in the entries in this second year of sponsoring this contest,” said Dennis Simmons, APP, president and CEO of SWACHA. “We hope to inspire children to develop a lifelong commitment to saving through our ongoing commitment to this contest. With so many great entries, we are excited to see who the voting public chooses as the winner.
“We’d also like to thank our celebrity judges Emmitt Smith, Kellie Rasberry, and Pam Yip, for helping us narrow down the entries to our group of finalists. We appreciate your help to teach children such a valuable lesson in saving,” Simmons said.
Three winners in each age category will receive a total of $700 in savings accounts. Also, the clubs who produce the first place winners will each receive a $100 donation from SWACHA. The contest celebrates America Saves Week, February 25 – March 2, 2013, by having children use art to portray what saving money means to them.