- Posted February 19, 2013 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Socialism & the Destruction of the United States
It is becoming increasingly clear that socialism and the radical agenda of the left are unwinding the delicate fabric of our nation. If we look at our social ills we can see the following:
1. Inner-city poverty has not changed in generations. The generational poverty is a result of the echoes of the ‘Great Society’ from the ‘60s. We have destroyed the lives of the people that partook in the public housing and social welfare programs. It is the single source for the destruction of the family unit, pride and dignity. Life has lost value in these inner-city islands of poverty. Even with all the gun laws in our major cities, gun violence is rampant. This will never change unless we turn away from socialism.
2. Our nation is bankrupt and pressing the limits of what the market will bear to support these social programs. Our social programs are the largest component of our budget and we can no longer afford them. Unfortunately, the radical extremists are in control of our government and managed to create the largest social program of all, the Health Care Act. We are now on a trajectory of complete financial ruin.
3. Socialism breeds dependency and dependency breeds apathy. Our nation’s population cares much less about individual liberty, family, and opportunity than it once did. The majority of Americans no longer care about being personally responsible. They would much rather get paid now by borrowing funds from their children.
4. Socialism negatively affects an economy and lowers incomes and opportunity for all people. That is a simple fact of life, proved out by history.
If we do not change our course and step away from our socialistic tendencies, we are most certainly doomed as a nation.