- Posted February 20, 2013 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Tax payers: You're Giving a Billion Aid Package to Egypt
- Commentary: NY SAFE Act Protest -- February 28 2013
- Sequester Solution: Stop Sending Money Overseas
- States Consider Gun Insurance for Law Abiding American Citizens Who Possess Firearms
- Senator McCain face angry crowd at Town Hall Meeting over illegal immigration
VP Joe Biden Tip: Buy a shotgun not an AR-15
During the question and answer session on Facebook, he said, "You don't need an AR-15 (assault rifle). It's harder to aim. It's harder to use and in fact you don't need 30 rounds to protect yourself."
However, history tells us during the Los Angeles riots, that AR-15s were actually necessary. Americans of Korean descent and Koreans themselves armed themselves because of lack of police presence and were successful in most cases in protecting their property, businesses and most importantly their families.
While an AR-15 may not be for every one, it is, I believe a necessary tool and deterrent when there is no law enforcement authority. Remember, when is called 911 to report a crime, police normally arrive after the crime has been committed.