- Posted February 21, 2013 by
- Breaking News: Japan warns solar flares could harm GPS, satellites, power lines and Internet
- 'Best estimate' for impact of melting ice on sea level rise 2013
- Sri Lanka Health Ministry warns of Influenza A and B virus outbreak
- Tropical cyclone in Andaman Sea threatens thousands of refugees from Myanmar
- DOUBLE FLARE THREAT
Arizona highway buckles due to 'geologic event'
A "geologic event" that occurred Wednesday morning 25 miles south of Page, Ariz., caused a 150-foot section of pavement to buckle and collapse. The Arizona Geologic Society says that event was most likely a landslide.
ADOT has not provided an estimate on how long the stretch of U.S. 89 will be closed in this area. The closest detour will add 45 miles of driving.