- Posted February 21, 2013 by
Bristol, United Kingdom
- The Shard played host to 20 of the UK’s most promising tech start-ups in real life ‘Dragon’s Den’
- CCS small cell microwave backhaul solution nets Telecoms.com Awards nomination
- CCS heads to finals of Fierce Innovation Awards for small cell microwave backhaul solution
- Small cell microwave backhaul pioneer CCS expands deployment with China Mobile
- Flubit.com asks users to Tweet their favourite toy to raise money for The Children’s Trust
Groundbreaking healthcare conference to take place in Brussels
The two day event will bring together over 500 of the world’s top scientific health professionals to discuss future challenges and strategies on the key issues facing health research today.
• Professor Anne Glover, Chief Scientific Advisor to the President of the European Commission
• Dr Ángeles Rodriquez-Peña, Head of COST-European Co-operation in Science and Technology, Committee of Senior Officials
• Carl Schlyter, MEP and Vice Chair of the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety
• Professor Dr Marleen Temmerman, Director of the Department of Reproductive Health and Research, World Health Organisation, Geneva
• Dr Robert Thirsk, Vice-President, Government and Institute Affairs – Canadian Institute of Health Research
Recognising the importance of this conference Màire Geoghegan-Quinn, European Commissioner for Research, Innovation and Science said: “The World Research and Innovation Congress aims to bring together key stakeholders in healthcare research to discuss the most important issues impacting our efforts to address the ‘Grand Challenges’ of tomorrow.”
Màire added: “The importance of collaborating internationally to address these Grand Challenges cannot be understated. Realising the efficacy of such partnerships relies upon the communication and sharing of results, plans, resources and lessons learned by all international stakeholders – from funders to policy makers, to industry and academia.
I very much look forward to hearing the outcomes of the discussion, dialogue and presentations, which I hope will contribute to the positive development of healthcare research worldwide.”
During the event International research agencies will share with delegates their strategies for future healthcare research alongside available funding and how healthcare professionals can access this funding. Research agencies will also be available for discussions and delegates will have the opportunity to influences their funding plans.
For more information about the conference please go to: www.worldresearchcongress.com
Special offer to readers: Use code AND13 to get £100 discount off the full delegates fee when you register.
Notes to Editors:
For further information please contact:
Mobile: 07969 156643
Mobile: 07818 075418
About Research Media Ltd:
The event is organised by Research Media Ltd who produce the International Innovation Healthcare range of publications (www.international-innovation-healthcare.com). These include key analysis and information on current health research trends, funding, policy issues, partnership challenges and translational research. Research Media Ltd works with academics, funding agencies and stakeholders and has now decided to replicate their work in a live event format.
Distributed on behalf of Research Media Ltd by NeonDrum news distribution service (http://www.neondrum.com)