- Posted February 24, 2013 by
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Naked man gets Locked Out Of Hotel Room
- The Harlem Shake: Attacked by the Salafis Edition (Tunisia)
- Tunisians Mourn murdered opposant leader Chokri Belaid,in atmosphere of defiance to political murder
- Siliana Exodus: Population leaves town as Governor refuses to quit
- "I need justice because in my country a woman is guilty as she got raped by 3 policemen"!
Tunisia: Even Harlem Shake can raise political controversy
A college edition of The Harlem Shake has sparked the usual debate between religious conservatists and secular modernists in Tunisia.
The group of students at Le Pere Blanc" high school in Tunis and their female teacher have faced strong criticism from conservatist groups and facebook pages for showing ¨"lousy scenes and sexually suggestive movements", but also for making a caricature of Gulf country preacher Sheikhs.
The minister of Education has declared on radio that the ministry will open investigation with students, teacher and school head, stating that the education ministry will not allow such unethical bahavior in schools. The day after 24- february, hundreds of students gathered in front of the school protesting against minister and making a gigantic impromptu Harlem Shake!
watch the original