- Posted February 25, 2013 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Drug Company,Novatis, Pays U.S. Government $422.5M in Marketing, Kickback, 'Pay to Play' "Fine"
- America- Having Two Jobs Now Necessary to Break Even
- Snow In April In Northern NY? Seriously?
- No Farms, No Food. Right? No Jobs, No Economy? Not Quite True..
- U.S. Government Finances Yet More of China's Technological and Manufacturing Superiority
Government's ID Requirements for New Bank Accounts Worse Than Voter ID Requirements From States
It's the Patriot Act, Stupid! And then there's the NDAA ( National Defense Authorization Act).
Banks are required to get two forms of ID in order to open a bank account. But, not any form of photo ID will do. Student ID? No. Medicaid or Medicare cards? No. College ID cards? No.
Does this sound familiar? Many were calling for changes to what states required for approved ID during our election process.
They called it 'Voter Suppression'.
Well, the same ID that banks require you to present for opening an account, is what States require to register to vote.
Did whomever write this legislation stay up a wee bit too late the night before presenting it for consideration?
This is another example of Liberal hypocrisy.
Make it simple. Make it easy.
But don't try to protect us from ourselves. Anyone knows that a valid Driver's License should be all that's required.
Any State issued photo ID should suffice.
Keep it simple, Congress!