About this iReport
  • Not verified by CNN

  • Click to view patriots225's profile
    Posted February 26, 2013 by
    Westerly, Rhode Island
    This iReport is part of an assignment:
    Nancy’s Radar

    More from patriots225

    Missing North Stonington boys, grandmother found dead

    Posted: Feb 26, 2013 7:46 PM EST
    Updated: Feb 26, 2013 11:24 PM EST
    By Joseph Wenzel - email

    © The Connecticut State Police released this photo of Ashton and Alton Perry.

    © Debra Denison and Alton Perry

    © The following photo of Ashton and Alton Perry was provided by their family members.

    © A highway sign on Route 9

    © The Connecticut State Police released this photo of Debra Denison.
    Two missing North Stonington children and their grandmother were found dead in a vehicle near Lake of Isle in Preston Tuesday night.

    Ashton and Alton Perry were abducted from their daycare at 172 Providence New London Turnpike at about 2:30 p.m., according to state police.

    Alton turned 2 years old on Tuesday and a party was planned for him, family members said.

    Family members told Eyewitness News that Debra Denison, 47, was scheduled to pick up the boys and bring them home so they could open presents, family members said.

    At about 4 p.m., family members call state police after Denison and the boys did not return home.

    Denison suffered from bipolar disorder and has a history of mental issues, according to family members who were gathered at the boys' parents home.

    An Amber Alert was issued for Ashton and Alton Perry at about 7:30 p.m. and a Silver Alert for Denison was also issued.

    The boys and Denison were last seen traveling in a white 2002 Chrysler Town and Country minivan with the Connecticut license plate 445 ZAZ.

    That vehicle was located parked near the Lake of Isle at about 9:30 p.m. and inside were the bodies of the three people.

    The Amber Alert was canceled at about 11 p.m.

    Denison left the family a note; however, they chose not to elaborate on the contents of the note, which police are in possession of.

    In an interview with the family, they prayed for the brothers' safe return and said they forgave Denison.

    The mother of the boys posted the following message on Facebook Tuesday night after the cancellation of the Amber Alert: "God has two beautiful angels helping him now."

    An autopsy will be performed by the Chief States medical examiner to determine the manner and cause of death Wednesday.

    Copyright 2013 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
    Add your Story Add your Story