- Posted February 27, 2013 by
250gms Dry Milk Powder or Jamun mix of any brand
100gms all purpose white flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 Pinches of Baking Soda
1/2 Cup milk
1/2 cup water
250ml vegetable Oil
3 Cups of White Sugar
3 Cups of Water
2 Green Cardamoms
1 pinch saffron
1. In a large bowl empty jamun mix and kneed it with little water and milk to form a dough and keep aside for 10-15 minutes. In order to make a fresh dough mix all purpose flour, baking powder, Baking Soda, saffron, milk and water and kneed well to form a dough.
2. Roll the dough into small even balls and keep aside.
3. To make sugar syrup adds 100gms of sugar to 300ml of water and bring it to boil.
4. Keep stirring and simmer it for about 20 minutes or till the desired consistency is reached.
5. Turn off the heat and keep aside.
6. In a frying pad heat the oil and slide the jamun balls and allow it to fry on medium heat. It should become nearly black or very dark brown.
7. You can also choose to either brown it completely or slightly according to your taste.
8. Drain the excess oil and keep aside.
9. Add these fried kala jamun balls one by one in the sugar syrup and give it a slight stir without breaking them. Crush 2-3 cardamom seeds and sprinkle on the top for that rich flavour.
10. Allow it to soak for 2-3 hours or till tender and serve warm.