- Posted February 28, 2013 by
Malaysia Forces Open Fire To Royal Army
Breaking news: Fighting is ongoing in Lahad Datu according to Princess Fatima Celia Kiram and there are already some casualties. Last night tanks rolled into the vicinity.
The GMA news reported that
(UPDATED 10:50 a.m.) — Malaysian security forces on Friday morning started firing at a group of Filipinos holed up in a village in Sabah, the brother of Sulu Sultan Jamalul Kiram III said.
In his first interview with radio dzBB on Friday at around 10:00 a.m., Raja Muda Agbimuddin Kiram, the leader of the group in Sabah, said they were being shot at and had to "defend" themselves.
"Biglang pumasok sa amin (They suddenly came in), we had to defend ourselves," Raja said.
Asked what time the Malaysian forces moved in, Raja said, "oras na ito (at this time)."
Sounds of shots were heard in the background while the interview was being conducted. The first interview was cut, however.
In a second interview with radio dzBB on Friday, Raja said he had received reports some of his men were wounded but said there will be no retreat or call for a ceasefire.
"Meron na (There have been casualties)," he said in an interview on dzBB radio when asked if some of his men had been wounded, several moments after a first interview was cut off.
When asked if there were members of the Malaysian police who were wounded, he said, "ewan ko (I don't know)."
Shots were still heard in the background in the second interview.
When asked what his immediate plans were, he said, "lalaban (we'll still fight)." He said he himself was trading shots with the Malaysian forces.
"Tuloy pa rin (The fight will continue)," he added.
When asked if he would call a ceasefire, he said, "Sino mag-ceasefire? Sila mag-ceasefire (Who'll call a ceasefire? They should be the ones to do so)."