- Posted March 1, 2013 by
Coconut burfi is made from fresh grated coconut and can be easily made at home by following these simple steps.
300gms fresh grated coconut
100gms white sugar powder
½ teaspoon cardamom powder
3 to 4 tbsp dry fruits of your choice like raisin/cashew/almond
3 tablespoon clarified butter or ghee
3 tablespoon condensed milk
1. In a bowl mix grated coconut and powdered sugar and keep aside for about ½ hour or till the sugar completely dissolves.
2. In a deep frying pan transfer this mixture and keep stirring till it thickens, this should take about ½ hour.
3. To this add condensed milk and cook for some more time till the mixtures hardens or becomes little dry; make sure that it is cooked on medium to low flame to avoid burning.
4. Once cooked sprinkle cardamom powder and finely chopped dry fruits and give it a good stir.
5. Transfer this mixture on a greased plate and cut into equal square pieces.’
6. make sure to store it in an air tight container.