- Posted March 4, 2013 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Commentary: NY SAFE Act Protest -- February 28 2013
- Sequester Solution: Stop Sending Money Overseas
- States Consider Gun Insurance for Law Abiding American Citizens Who Possess Firearms
- Senator McCain face angry crowd at Town Hall Meeting over illegal immigration
- VP Joe Biden Tip: Buy a shotgun not an AR-15
Tax payers: You're Giving a Billion Aid Package to Egypt
According to a Reuters news article, the United States government is giving the Egyptian government $1 Billion of tax payer dollars that was promised last year. We will give $190 million first which is part of the 450 million that was initially pledged. This financial aid is occurring while the "sequester crisis" is happening here in America.
The sequester crisis is supposed to cut certain services because simply put, the United States government can not afford them and there is no money to continue to support them such airport security, immigration services, port security and border security.
Also keep in mind, the Egyptian government is known to openly discriminate against their religious minorities, in particular the Coptic Christians. This is akin to giving Nazi Germany aid money knowing full well they openly discriminate against religious / cultural minorities, liberals, communists and intellectuals.
All one has to ask, does this make sense given our fiscal situation and given Egypt's history of openly discriminating against its own religious minorities?