Correcting False news
Recently, there have been posts made by an Ireport user "ruhul2712" about several issues going on in Bangladesh, which are filled with false informations.
In a post “78 people killed, over 7000 injured by Bangladesh Government Massacre” (post belongs to ruhul2712 )
1. He claimed that “78 people killed and 7000 people injured because of government massacre.
Truth: No. 78 killed and many more injured due to “Jamaat-e-Islami” a religion based political party is carrying out massive protest against the capital punishment given to their leader “Delwar Hussain Saidi," a renowned “War-Criminal." Saidi was held in a tribunal having charges of mass murder and rape during the liberation was of 1971, and the rape of an 11-year old girl.
2. The post claims that the government is bribing the participants of the Shahbag movement with 1000 Taka.
Truth: False informarion.Shahbag movement has been carried out by students of Universities and colleges, and among them; many come from prestigious family with no need for surplus money. As for the claims of free food, the food is voluntarily supplied by people who can and want to donate for this youth movement.
3. It has been claimed that Facebook, YouTube etc. has been shut down to stop the spreading of the news to the international community. This is false.
Truth: These sites were shut down due to the spread of the Movie “Innocence of Muslims,” which, as claimed, is very offensive to the Islamic community. A lot of other Islamic countries other than Bangladesh banned the sites too.
4. The opposition party of the current government has no proof to justify their claim of money being handed to attenders of the protests. Moreover, there are no names of any of the eyewitnesses who supposedly saw the bribe being given.
5. Another post “Bangladesh is ablaze, 24 killed in fresh clashes, mass arrests amidst India’s President visit”(Post belongs to ruhul2712) claims that that “Jamaat-e-Islami” is fearful about the government pinning destruction of Hindu houses and temples on them.
Truth: It's controvertial. The burning of Hindu houses have been done by the “Jamaat-e-Islami” political party, not the government, as the author of the post claims. These actions have already been carried out by “Jamaat-e-Islami” a couple of times against the Hindu community followed by the mass destruction of Buddhist temple. There have been no attacks against Christian community.
False news and misleading information can create a lot of misconception for people reading reports by reporters having half a mind of using the it to claim attention towards their own agenda.