- Posted March 9, 2013 by
Ruidoso, New Mexico
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Travel photo of the day
19: One of those Beautiful Days in Ruidoso,New Mexico,USA.
Welcome to CNN iReport. Hi everybody , I'm Tibu Aguirre, reporting on my visit to the town of Ruidoso,New Mexico,USA.
- Thursday January 26, 2012, I traveled to the town of Ruidoso, New Mexico in the winter. Ruidoso is a village in Lincoln County, New Mexico, United States, adjacent to the Lincoln National Forest.
- This photography above was taken for me with my celular phone, When you go to vacation, I recommend to visit this town, Ruidoso is a Town amazing!, You can get many such memories you will never forget in your mind you can also spend a vacation with your family, and I think they will not forget either, that's what you're waiting for now, let's Ruidoso, New Mexico.
- I knew many places in this town, plus I enjoy having lunch, and dinner great, so I have been all day on the mountain, Well I tell you some information about things we can do and see in this city, I wrote this iReport for CNN article about information of newspapers and magazines in this town.
- Ruidoso nestled in the cool pine trees at nearly 7,000 feet in the Sacramento Mountains of South Central New Mexico, lies the vacation paradise of Ruidoso (pronounced "Rui-doe-so").
- Ruidoso is the Spanish word for noisy. The village is named for the river that runs through it, the Rio Ruidoso or "Noisy River". The Rio Ruidoso has its headwaters up on the majestic 12,003 foot Sierra Blanca (White Mountain) that provides the back drop for our scenic village.
- The river winds through the beautiful Upper Canyon, the village of Ruidoso and finally down through the Hondo Valley.
- "What can you do here?", you ask? Almost completely surrounded by the White Mountain Wilderness and the Lincoln National Forest, there is hunting (rifle, bow, muzzleloader and camera) for everything from turkey to elk, fishing, horseback riding, kite flying, backpacking, hiking, camping, skiing, tubing, sledding and lots of golf (golf all year round).
- In the village itself is every kind of gift shop you can imagine (and some you can't imagine), go-carts for kids of all ages, children's boat ride, pony rides, mini-golf, maze, rock wall climb, coffee shops complete with wi-fi, clothing stores and any kind of restaurant from fast food to steak houses. A movie theater with three screens and venues for several live shows, including (during the summer months) a western shootout, authentic cowboy meal and music.
- Relax with a pleasant stroll along the Rio Ruidoso near mid-town or on an exercise trail just minutes from the village, but giving you the feeling that you are miles back in the woods.
That's all for today, this is the end of my story, I hope to see my posts on CNN iReport. I'm Tibu Aguirre, CNN iReport. You have a good day.-