- Posted March 12, 2013 by
Glass In Her Food
Good morning America.
Most people enjoy eating out on the weekend with family and friends. A coworker of mine went to a Maryland Ruby Tuesdays to enjoy their Gumbo. She ended up taking most of it home to have for lunch at work. Imagine my disbelief when my co worker showed me what she found in it.
While eating her Gumbo, she bit down on a shard of glass. The shard was an inch long. She could have broken her tooth and at worst, suffered internal bleeding. She immediately called the restaurant to speak to the Manager. The Manager was apologetic and asked her what did she want him to do, and did she want some more Gumbo? My co worker declined more food. What she wanted was to alert the restaurant that there could be more shards of glass in the food. A message was left at the Corporate office but they have yet to return her call.
I’m writing this to alert others on how little scrutiny we give those that prepare our food. How, as soon as the plate hits the table, most of us would start eating without a second thought. Luckily for my coworker, she was not harmed.
So please be watchful. What started out as a lovely dinner could have easily turned catastrophic.