- Posted March 13, 2013 by
Muntinlupa City, Philippines
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Catholics: Your views on new pope
- The Philippines held Automated Midterm Elections this Year 2013 -- Part 2
- The Philippines held Automated Midterm Elections this Year 2013 -- Part 1
- This Year's Automated Midterm Elections in the Philippines
- My Message To All The Girls And Women Who Are Aspiring And Striving To Get Education Right Now
- Education Would Give A Girl Or A Woman The Opportunity To Have A Stable Career And An Assurance Of Economic Well-Being In The Near Future
My Wishes for Pope Francis
- sarahbrowngb, CNN iReport producer
I wish Pope Francis would be open to ideas that would make the Roman Catholic Church become truly-dynamic and truly-compatible with modern-day living. I hope he will allow discussions regarding the church's position on stem-cell research. I think the church should recognize such research as a key that can help cure many life-threatening diseases. Pope Francis should also allow discussions regarding giving women greater role and bigger responsibilities within the Roman Catholic Church. I think it's high time now for women to be given certain key positions in Vatican City. Pope Francis should also allow Vatican to tackle the issue of making celibacy optional among clergy people. If celibacy would be made optional among priests and nuns, then many people might enter priesthood since that would not deter them from seeking romantic partners. I think celibacy makes priesthood becomes some kind of an unattractive vocation among Roman Catholics. If celibacy would become optional among clergy people, then many Roman Catholics will enter the priesthood.
I think the mentioned issues should be tackled by Pope Francis because we're living in a world that has become a global village. In this global village of ours, women now can't just be fence-sitters or nannies. Women now know that they were created as co-equal of men. Also, the Roman Catholic Church needs to solve the issue of lack of priests in many areas. Making celibacy optional can increase the number of would-be priests. As I've said, the Roman Catholic Church should become dynamic in this age and time so it can maintain the loyalty of its flocks and win many souls for God. I wish Pope Francis a long and truly-happy lifetime. Best Wishes to Pope Francis!