- Posted March 24, 2013 by
- BREAKING NEWS: Very Strong earthquake magnitude 6.7 – East Of Martinique, Windward Is
- GLOBAL ALERT: Forget Global Warming, Worry About The MAGNETOSPHERE - Earth's Magnetic Field Is COLLAPSING And It Could Affect The Climate, Wipe Out Power Grids and The End Of Life!
- Sun Flatlining Into Grand Minimum, Says Solar Physicist
- Earth in danger - Giant sunspot 1944 has rotated onto the Earth-facing side of the solar disk
- GLOBAL ALERT: The Sun Magnetic Field Fully Reversed, Solar Maximum Already Here
Large earthquake strikes off coast of Russia
MARCH 24, 2013 - A 6.1 magnitude earthquake struck off the coast of far-eastern Russia early Sunday, the US Geological Survey reported.
The quake, which hit at 0418 GMT at a depth of 9.7 kilometres, was centred 269 kilometres from the eastern Russian city of Ozernovsky, on the southern tip of the Kamchatka peninsula.
The USGS said an underground formation there called the Kuril-Kamchatka arc is considered one of the most seismically active regions in the world.
Since 1900, seven powerful earthquakes of magnitude 8.3 or greater have occurred along the arc, the USGS said.