- Posted March 24, 2013 by
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Team iReport featured this story
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Travel photo of the day
- Images of one of the most beautiful cities of China, will not be tarnished by the recent brutal killings in Kunming
- Happy Birthday great great grandma Okawa of Osaka, the Oldest person in the world today
- Alison in Wonderland: The 42nd President Clinton makes a Fund raising stop in Louisville, KY for a Democratic candidate who dreams of terminating the bid of senator Mitch McConell for another term
- Cute but pricey little fuel efficient car
- Energy Bills and cost to individuals and governments from the winter storms and the winter wonderland
Historic and spectacular Petra sans President Obama
Yesterday I saw a picture of president Obama, standing alone amongst the ancient structures in the city of Petra, Jordan. See ABC news link below.
Having visited Petra, a city built 300 years (or 2300 years ago) before Christ by the Nabataeans, I was struck by the lack of tourists, camels, donkeys, mules, horses, open gift shops, recreated villages, Jordanians dressed like the Nabataeans. Not only that President Obama was dressed like and looked like the character in "The Bible". Life imitating art. I hope everyone has a chance to visit Petra and see what I saw and experience Petra. The icing on the cake was the chance to see the simple reception that was organized for the president of Hungary of persons dressed as Nabataeans lined up at the entrance. Unlike for Pres. Obama, they had not cleared the city of ancient Petra for its throng of visitors.