- Posted March 24, 2013 by
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Team iReport featured this story
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Travel photo of the day
- Time to STOP the advancing EBOLA virus spread and carnage in its tracks
- My first Sighting of a motorized tricycle (motor trike) that looks like an owl staring at you
- With rising sky high summer temperatures around the world, people are finding creative ways to stay cool
- Emergence of America's fast food restaurants as the choice of billions around the world
- Great Americans. Bill (sr. and jr) and Melinda Gates along with the Buffets sharing their billions with fellow human beings around the world
Historic and spectacular Petra sans President Obama
Yesterday I saw a picture of president Obama, standing alone amongst the ancient structures in the city of Petra, Jordan. See ABC news link below.
Having visited Petra, a city built 300 years (or 2300 years ago) before Christ by the Nabataeans, I was struck by the lack of tourists, camels, donkeys, mules, horses, open gift shops, recreated villages, Jordanians dressed like the Nabataeans. Not only that President Obama was dressed like and looked like the character in "The Bible". Life imitating art. I hope everyone has a chance to visit Petra and see what I saw and experience Petra. The icing on the cake was the chance to see the simple reception that was organized for the president of Hungary of persons dressed as Nabataeans lined up at the entrance. Unlike for Pres. Obama, they had not cleared the city of ancient Petra for its throng of visitors.