- Posted March 24, 2013 by
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Team iReport featured this story
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Travel photo of the day
- Tribute on Down syndrome day to a 6 year old child who drowned in scenic Harrod Creek, Louisville, KY over the weekend
- Heard of Herd Immunity? May be a reason how Nature is working to slow the deaths due to Ebola virus infection
- One of Kentucky's finest sons, Senator Wendell Ford eulogized under the rotunda of the state capitol building in Frankfort, KY
- I AM NOT CHARLIE:Freedom of speech should be expressed responsibly and truthfully and with malice to none
- The most powerful American at the UN, Ms Samantha Power delivered today the 47th talk at the McConnell Center in Louisville, KY
Historic and spectacular Petra sans President Obama
Yesterday I saw a picture of president Obama, standing alone amongst the ancient structures in the city of Petra, Jordan. See ABC news link below.
Having visited Petra, a city built 300 years (or 2300 years ago) before Christ by the Nabataeans, I was struck by the lack of tourists, camels, donkeys, mules, horses, open gift shops, recreated villages, Jordanians dressed like the Nabataeans. Not only that President Obama was dressed like and looked like the character in "The Bible". Life imitating art. I hope everyone has a chance to visit Petra and see what I saw and experience Petra. The icing on the cake was the chance to see the simple reception that was organized for the president of Hungary of persons dressed as Nabataeans lined up at the entrance. Unlike for Pres. Obama, they had not cleared the city of ancient Petra for its throng of visitors.