- Posted March 24, 2013 by
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Team iReport featured this story
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Travel photo of the day
- Annual 2015 St. James Art Festival in Louisville, Ky as colorful as ever under a clear blue sky on a sunny day
- VindaLou, Indian festival and Irish fest make Louisville, KY final September weekend lively
- Worldfest 2015 is the best ongoing labor day weekend event celebrating diversity of cultures and cuisines in Louisville, KY, USA
- Dr. David Baltimore, a brilliant American mind, Nobel laureate, President Emeritus of Caltech, a father and a recent grand father
- City of Louisville, KY mayor Gregory Fischer and his father George Fischer are truly the city fathers
Historic and spectacular Petra sans President Obama
Yesterday I saw a picture of president Obama, standing alone amongst the ancient structures in the city of Petra, Jordan. See ABC news link below.
Having visited Petra, a city built 300 years (or 2300 years ago) before Christ by the Nabataeans, I was struck by the lack of tourists, camels, donkeys, mules, horses, open gift shops, recreated villages, Jordanians dressed like the Nabataeans. Not only that President Obama was dressed like and looked like the character in "The Bible". Life imitating art. I hope everyone has a chance to visit Petra and see what I saw and experience Petra. The icing on the cake was the chance to see the simple reception that was organized for the president of Hungary of persons dressed as Nabataeans lined up at the entrance. Unlike for Pres. Obama, they had not cleared the city of ancient Petra for its throng of visitors.