- Posted March 24, 2013 by
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Team iReport featured this story
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Travel photo of the day
- I can see Switzerland from my house
- Sad Sunday slaughter of innocents could result in a sunset in trade and tourism along the peaceful and vibrant India-Pakistan Wagah border that divides Punjab
- Hospital themed Pumpkin Contest over the Halloween weekend
- Happy 100th birthday celebration weekend to the steam powered paddleboat Belle of Louisville along with the American queen and beautiful Belles and other river boats
- 2 ladies on fire, new grandma Hillary Clinton and aspiring senator from Kentucky Alison Grimes fire up a large crowd of die hard democrats in Louisville, KY
Historic and spectacular Petra sans President Obama
Yesterday I saw a picture of president Obama, standing alone amongst the ancient structures in the city of Petra, Jordan. See ABC news link below.
Having visited Petra, a city built 300 years (or 2300 years ago) before Christ by the Nabataeans, I was struck by the lack of tourists, camels, donkeys, mules, horses, open gift shops, recreated villages, Jordanians dressed like the Nabataeans. Not only that President Obama was dressed like and looked like the character in "The Bible". Life imitating art. I hope everyone has a chance to visit Petra and see what I saw and experience Petra. The icing on the cake was the chance to see the simple reception that was organized for the president of Hungary of persons dressed as Nabataeans lined up at the entrance. Unlike for Pres. Obama, they had not cleared the city of ancient Petra for its throng of visitors.