- Posted March 24, 2013 by
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Team iReport featured this story
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Travel photo of the day
- Stunning Pegasus parade on the eve of today's 141st Derby 2015 went smoothly under cloud cover
- All Hats, Horses and Happy ladies at the Oaks, a day before Kentucky Derby 2015; men beware of being ambushed
- Century old Belle of Louisville easily throttles ahead of Belle of Cincinnati in the Great Steamboat race of Derby week 2015
- Dog lover's paradise:2015 Derby week Dog and Pony show in Louisville, KY has begun. Today the dogs had their day
- Festivities for the 141 Kentucky Derby to be held in May 2015 kicked off with thunder over Louisville and a spectacular fireworks show watched by 650,000
Historic and spectacular Petra sans President Obama
Yesterday I saw a picture of president Obama, standing alone amongst the ancient structures in the city of Petra, Jordan. See ABC news link below.
Having visited Petra, a city built 300 years (or 2300 years ago) before Christ by the Nabataeans, I was struck by the lack of tourists, camels, donkeys, mules, horses, open gift shops, recreated villages, Jordanians dressed like the Nabataeans. Not only that President Obama was dressed like and looked like the character in "The Bible". Life imitating art. I hope everyone has a chance to visit Petra and see what I saw and experience Petra. The icing on the cake was the chance to see the simple reception that was organized for the president of Hungary of persons dressed as Nabataeans lined up at the entrance. Unlike for Pres. Obama, they had not cleared the city of ancient Petra for its throng of visitors.