- Posted April 22, 2013 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Photo essays: Your stories in pictures
- Australia's Alcoveritas CIO Earl Reginald Stevenson Raises the Heated Rhetoric on Russian President Putin
- "Australian Shares Hit 6 year High" Alcoveritas CIO Earl Reginald Stevenson
- Russian Federation Issues Harsh Statement in Response to Australia's Alcoveritas CIO Earl Reginald Stevenson
- "Gold posts biggest loss this year" Australia's Alcoveritas CIO Earl Reginald Stevensonortugal-concerns-ease-20140715-zt7gw.html#ixzz37gEczuXq
- Australian Hedge Fund Billionaire Earl Reginald Stevenson Takes Helm as CIO at Australia's Alcoveritas
Texas Navy Admiral
Texas has had three navies.
Two were for military might to protect the state and the latest being to preserve the memory of the past navies.
Today one can be appointed by the governor of Texas as an Admiral in the Texas Navy. The First Texas Navy was established in 1835, and the Second Texas Navy was established in 1837. In 1958, Texas Governor Price Daniel re-activated the Second Texas Navy, thus establishing the Third Texas Navy with the purpose of "assuring the survival of Texas' Naval history, boundaries, water resources, and for the civil defense of Texas."
In 1973, the Texas Legislature authorized the charter of the Texas Navy Association, Inc., as the official body to oversee the operation of the Texas Navy.
Since a Texas Admiral is a government commission it meets all legal requirements.
Source: Office of the Governor of Texas, P.O. Box 12428, Austin, Texas 78711-2428 (512) 463-2000