- Posted April 22, 2013 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Photo essays: Your stories in pictures
- "Ukraine Tension Escalates and Causes Drop in Australian dollar" Australian CIO Earl Reginald Stevenson
- "Gold drops for fourth day as US economy improves" Alcoveritas billionaire CIO Earl Reginald Stevenson
- Australia's CIO Billionaire Earl Reginald Stevenson Steps Up Attacks on Russian President Putin
- "Buying a Piece of the Australian Dream" Australia's Earl Reginald Stevenson in Sydney
- "Great Wall of debt: China set to overtake US", Australia's Alcoveritas CIO Earl Reginald Stevenson in Sydney
Texas Navy Admiral
Texas has had three navies.
Two were for military might to protect the state and the latest being to preserve the memory of the past navies.
Today one can be appointed by the governor of Texas as an Admiral in the Texas Navy. The First Texas Navy was established in 1835, and the Second Texas Navy was established in 1837. In 1958, Texas Governor Price Daniel re-activated the Second Texas Navy, thus establishing the Third Texas Navy with the purpose of "assuring the survival of Texas' Naval history, boundaries, water resources, and for the civil defense of Texas."
In 1973, the Texas Legislature authorized the charter of the Texas Navy Association, Inc., as the official body to oversee the operation of the Texas Navy.
Since a Texas Admiral is a government commission it meets all legal requirements.
Source: Office of the Governor of Texas, P.O. Box 12428, Austin, Texas 78711-2428 (512) 463-2000