- Posted April 30, 2013 by
Team iReport featured this story
Rebuilding the New Jersey Shore
These photos were shot over the past month at the Seaside Heights boardwalk and other parts of the Jersey Shore. The emphasis right now is on rebuilding the boardwalks in time for the summer, but homeowners are still hurting, he said. 'Everyone thinks there's a lot of rebuilding going on. There is not. It's very difficult to find images ... People don't realize how bad it was and how bad it still is.'
- dsashin, CNN iReport producer
April 30, 2013: It has been six months since Hurricane Sandy ripped through the New Jersey Shore, leaving many towns devastated in its wake. With Memorial Day less than one month away, shore towns are scrambling to
get the boardwalks and businesses rebuilt. Unfortunately, for most homeowners it will be a much longer road before they are back on their feet. Photos by Susan Rumpf and Clifford Rumpf / ImagineThisDesign.com.
1-3. Rebuilding the boardwalk, Seaside Heights, NJ.
4. Debris removal at the Funtown Pier, Seaside Heights, NJ.
5. Reconstructing the boardwalk of Asbury Park, NJ.
6. Rebuilding the Driftwood Cabana Club, Sea Bright, NJ.
7. The White Sands Resort reconstruction, Point Pleasant, NJ
8. Massive demolition and debris pile with NYC skyline, Union Beach, NJ
9. House reconstruction in Lavallette, NJ.
10. Boardwalk reconstruction, Lavallette, NJ.