- Posted May 4, 2013 by
- Mostafa Daneshjou is in the Coronary Care Unit (HDU/CCU)
- Mostafa Daneshjou Was Found Unconscious in Jail Bathroom and Is Denied a Transfer to Hospital
- Ali Reza Roshan Was Released from Prison
- Death and Ascension of Authorized Liturgist of The Nematollahi Gonabadi Sufi Order, Dear Mr. Mirza Mohammad Farrokhrooz
- Appeals Court Overturns Mehran Rahbari Conviction, Acquits Him
Dervish Issued Harsh Sentence to Intimidate Others
Kasra Nouri, 22, a Gonabadi Dervish imprisoned at Adel Abad Prison in Shiraz, has been sentenced to four years and four months in prison in part to intimidate other youth and prevent them from joining the Dervish sect, a close family friend told the International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran. Sedigheh Khalili added that the Nouri family was shocked by the sentence and plans to appeal it.
"I spoke with Mr. Fariborz Yadollahi, Kasra's uncle who also represents him, and he told me that he read Kasra's ruling and that in the text there is a sentence that states that the court issued such a sentence for him in order to prevent and intimidate other youth from joining the Dervish sect," Khalili, herself a Dervish, told the Campaign....
Read more about this post: