- Posted May 13, 2013 by
- Hasina sees conspiracy, but what does she do?
- BANGLADESH WAR CRIMES TRIAL: Witness alleges state abduction - David Bergman
- 'Mahasen' stops oppositions' protests, but not Govt's oppression..!!
- Bangladesh : Where humanity is crying...!!!
- A protester student declared 'killed in a so-called gun-battle' by Bangladesh Elite Forces
Cyclone ‘Mahasen’ closes to Bangladesh coast
Cyclone 'Mahasen' was located around 1,285 km south to sw of Chittagong port, 1,305 km south to sw of Cox’s Bazar and 1,305 km south of Mongla port at 6:00am on Monday.
ESCAP typhoon committee named the cyclone ‘Mahasen’ after a King who ruled in Sri Lanka during third century.
It is likely to intensify further and move in a north to nw direction.
Max sustained wind speed of about 62 km/hr within 54 km of the storm centre , which may go up to 88 km/hr. The sea will remain rough around this region.
The US Military said that the cyclone might sweep through the Rakhine province of Myanmar and adjacent coastal areas of Bangladesh by Tuesday (14 May 2013) afternoon.
The Joint Typhoon Warning Centre (JTWC) of the US Navy and US Air Force estimated that winds might touch up to 166 km/hr at the time of the landfall of 'Mahasen'.